- Vera: Mom, can we go to China?
- Me: Maybe someday.
- Vera: Why can't we go today?
- Me: Remember how it's on the other side of the world? We'd have to fly on a plane all night to get there.
- Vera: Yeah, and we could drink ginger ale and ginger ale again and again the whole way.
- (She equates air travel with ginger ale...just like her mama)
OMG! Vera, her cousin, my step-brother, and I are on an episode of House Hunters from Mardi Gras 2011! Click the link and watch in the first minute, you’ll see Vera, McCullough, and Austin on a ladder, then around 3:45, you’ll see me on the ladder with the girls! They are both almost-bald little 15 to 18-month-olds wearing purple gingham Mardi Gras dresses. So fun!
A friend randomly sent me the link today.
- Vera: That girl is my friend now. Maybe we can have a sleepover o e day.
- Mama: Maybe so.
- Vera: Her grandpa was handsome. He had a bald head.